Wednesday, August 3, 2011

50 year old NFL rookie quarterback part 3

I received my first confirmation from a totally unrelated source, I was talking to a friend at my church and I mentioned to him that I was starting to work out to get my body into shape for football, and out of the blue he suggested to me I should talk to a friend of his, a professional trainer by the name of Wayne Butler, (he is my trainer to this day), here is the amazing part number, number one he is not cheap, number two he is extremely busy and number three he is a source of vast knowledge that is needed to pursue pro sports.  When we talked for the first time come to find I I knew him already from back in the day,  we came to an agreement that he would do everything for me to get me ready for a tryout and he always made time for me, he believed in me.  Now here is a man that could have told me that I was too old forget about this crazy dream, he didn't.  He has gotten me with an agent and pushed me beyond anything that I have done in my entire life physically. That says a lot considering that I was in the Army for 11 1/2 years.  I have gotten my body into the best shape that it has ever been in including when I was in my 20's. My philosophy is to stay physically bigger, better and stronger than my 14 year old son so I'll always have bragging rights around the house.  more later "Never too late, get it done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment